Thursday, 1 December 2016
100 Ideas for Blogmas
I can't believe it's that time of year again! I've had the first chocolate from my advent calendar, watched my first Christmas film of the festive season, Arthur Christmas, and have a few friends sorted for Christmas already. A more organised me have been all bought by this time, but unfortunately not, but I at least have a rough idea what I need to get!
Anyway, today's post is promoting Blogmas. For those who don't know, Blogmas is about writing a festive post from 1st December up until the 24/25th December. My post gives an array of ideas for those wanting to take part, but with no idea what to write about. Although some ideas are not my own, these are popular posts I've seen other bloggers write about or key things that make you think of Christmas. Here is my list of 100 ideas:
1. All about Santa - any facts we know, the history of how he came about etc.
2. Christmas Day Outfit of the Day - what are you wearing on the big day? Ideas of things to wear...
3. Festive Make-up Looks - ideas of new trends this winter, or face-paints to look like Rudolph snowflake, whatever.
4. Christmas Films - describe what your favourite films are over the festive period, or plans of things to watch this Christmas!
5. Christmas Traditions - what do you do every year? Are there any specific things you do with friends or family?
6. Christmas Food - what do you love to eat over Christmas? What do you look forward to every year?
7. Christmas Events - what events are on this festive period? What are you going to this year? Christmas fayres, markets, Santa's grotto, whatever.
8. Christmas Events attended - similar to number 7, describing festive events you've attended. Any specifics
9. Things you love about Christmas - what do you like most about Christmas? The food, films, decorating the tree, family time, drinks or something more specific.
10. My wishlist - what do you want for Christmas? Enough about your specific gift ideas for others, it's all about being selfish.
11. Gift ideas for her - guides on what to buy for Mum, Gran, Auntie Betty, Sister, Niece, or any female friend etc.
12. Gift ideas for him - guides on what to buy for Dad, Granddad, Uncle Bob, Brother, Nephew, or any male friend or whatever.
13. Favourite Places to buy things - where are you buying all your favourite gifts for people this year?
14. Being Charitable this Christmas - things to help a good causes e.g. volunteering, donating, specific festive events etc.
15. Christmas Fashions - the best Christmas Jumpers, the worst Christmas Jumpers, festive outfits, things to wear to work Christmas parties etc.
16. Favourite Childhood Memory of Christmas - a favourite present, funny story or something you liked during Christmas or lead-up.
17. Dressing up for Christmas - have you got any fun pictures of you dressed as an elf, santa, or anything festive?
18. Decorating for Christmas - perhaps one of the most exciting parts of Christmas. Pictures of the tree with it's decorations and lights, and other props to remind of Christmas.
19. Things to prepare for Christmas - what do you do to prepare for Christmas?
20. Post ideas for Blogmas - like this, but your own ideas
21. Best places to visit during Christmas - do you go away during the festive period? Where do you recommend? What do you like most?
22. Ultimate Christmas Playlist - what are your favourite festive songs that get you in the mood for Christmas?
23. Things to do - what do you love to do during the festive period?
24. Secret Santa Gift Ideas - have you decided to do a work's secret Santa and not know what to get at a specific budget? If you're struggling, others are likely to be. Help them out!
25. Advent calendars - what are your favourite advent calendars? These don't need to just be chocolate, but there are now beauty, candle, food or alcoholic advent calendars (I feel I only heard of these this year).
26. Worst Christmas Present - I am a firm believer in it's the thought that counts, but that being said, you can't forget those less favoured gifts. Everyone remembers the worst present they have received for Christmas. Share your funny present stories!
27. Thing you dislike most about Christmas - everyone likes to share their love of the festivities, but there is always something to moan about. The sprouts, too many people (not getting on), stress cooking etc.
28. Baking - festive treats that you wish to make during the festive period.
29. Letter to Santa - not just children have a wishlist, so why not share what you want for Christmas. Or perhaps you have a copy of an old letter you sent?
30. Year Review - reflect on the year, and what has been achieved, goals for 2017 and all that's good or bad about the year.
31. Stocking Filler Ideas - these are perhaps my favourite gifts. I'm gutted that my mother no longer fills my stocking. I loved finding little treats; the little things that make up my favourite memories for christmas. I love how it feels that the person cares and has thought of your personally.
32. Boxing Day Sales - I hate them! Mainly because I've only stopped working that day the last two years. However, you might wish to tell us about the best deals coming up.
33. Recipes - know a great recipe for Christmas? Share it with us less fortunate, who can't cook!
34. What Christmas means to you? - There is the obvious religious connotation, but it can mean so much more to many others.
35. Festive Nails - Your favourite in nail art and favourite nail polishes to try.
36. DIY Presents - Are you crafty? If so, please share your favourite things to make as gifts for Christmas.
37. Winter walk - Winter is cold, but it looks rather beautiful with the snow and frost. Why not show some beautiful pictures of your winter walk?
38. Snow-related post - anything on the forming of the snow. The British love to discuss the weather after all!
39. Hair ideas for any Christmas Parties - hair ups, hair down, curls, straight, plaits or whatever. Share any of your favourite styles.
40. Christmas Q&A
41. Christmas Themed Collaboration Post - this is something I'd consider doing with another blogger - comment below if interested.
42. Christmas Wrapping - there are some beautiful paper to use during Christmas, so why not share your favourites? What gets you into the festive consumerism more like showing your presents wrapped and ready for Christmas!
43. Festive Candles - what are your favourite Christmas fragrances?
44. Christmas Cocktails - what festive inventions can you think up?
45. Last minute gift ideas - it seems like some have prepared since January, but some leave it until the last week or whatever. Are there any ideas for them?
46. Festive Product Reviews - has something been released just for the festive period? Share something you have been loving or disliking this year.
47. Shop locally this Christmas - share great things you have discovered for christmas that is local to you.
48. The Great Christmas Turkey debate - Many complain that they hate dry turkey, but still have it. Some settle for another meat or vegetarians or vegans try something completely new. Share what your festive food is.
49. Funny Christmas Work Party - share a hilarious story from a work gathering during the festive period, whether it is a funny drunk tale, funny argument that took place or story of funny conversations.
50. Favourite Christmas Story - is there a story about Christmas you particularly love and wish to share?
51. Christmas Jokes - It doesn't need to be one of the cheesy cracker jokes, but it does need to be festive!
52. Elfie - share a festive selfie
53. Christmas Quotes - share a lovely festive quote from any books, films, TV or one you have heard around.
54. Christmas on a budget - help with gift ideas for those like me, who are looking for gifts on a specific budget or looking to save money.
55. Christmas Gift Ideas for Mum - any specific things you want to buy for your mother/stepmother and might help give ideas to others.
56. Christmas Gift Ideas for Dad - any specific things you want to buy for your father/stepfather and might help give ideas to others.
57. Christmas Gift Ideas for Grandparents - this is often one of the most difficult to buy for. As I get older, I feel I want and need less so feel older members of the family are hard to think of. Got any good ideas?
58. Christmas Gift Ideas for Sister - any specific things you want to buy for your sister/stepsister and might help give ideas to others.
59. Christmas Gift Ideas for Brother - lookat ideas for buying for your brother/stepbrother and might help others struggling to come up with something.
60. Christmas in community - is there anything specific happening? Clubs, groups, churches, charities, associations and businesses - what are they doing?
61. Christmas Crafts - I love crafty things, but unfortunately not found something I enjoy "crafting".
62. Christmas Giveaway - Who doesn't love a competition or the idea of winning something? Add festivities to it, and it makes it so much more fun!
63. Christmas Games - Are you one of those families who play board games? Any favourites? Or do you know of specific games which are fun for kids? This would be perfect for mummy bloggers/readers.
64. Christmas Diaries
65. What's on my tree - picture of the Christmas tree with all its decorations, lights and glory.
66. Favourite Blogmas Posts - share your favourite festive posts, and promote those who have also took part in Blogmas.
67. What I got for Christmas? - Were you naughty or nice? Share what you've been treated to this year, and what you're most grateful for.
68. Chart of the Best Christmas Gifts - What are the things people have bought you that stick in your mind? That are sentimental.
69. Homemade Christmas Cards - show some of your love for crafting with this one.
70. Favourite TV Ads - some people look forward to adverts from specific supermarkets or retailers like M&S, John Lewis and many more. I also look forward to the Coca Cola advert as it makes me think that Christmas is coming.
71. Christmas with Animals/Babies - Show pictures of babies or animals dressed in festive outfits.
72. Ideal Christmas Day - describe your idea of the best Christmas.
73. Favourite Christmas Pjs
74. New Year Resolutions - What are hopes, goals and wishes for next year?
75. 10 Things you're thankful for this Christmas - share what you are grateful for this Christmas whether it is family, something you got given or food.
76. Photo Diary of Christmas Day - what a lovely idea to capture the special day.
77. Christmas Books - any favourite books whether they are your favourites or recommended for children.
78. Winter Haul
79. Christmas Myths - Is there anything you hear about Christmas that wish to discss that isn't true? such as Santa, Rudolph, Mrs Claus, or anything else.
80. Christmas Fragrances - Is there a smell that instantly reminds you of the festive period?
81. Remedies for illness - this is the time of the year that most people get sick, so if there are any tips to avoid it, I would love to hear it.
82. Winter skin resime - This time of year makes your skin dry, lips chapped and your skin is paler. You therefore need to adjust what you're doing.
83. Christmas Wreaths
84. Christmas Jewellery - any festive bracelets, necklaces or earrings you are loving or have made.
85. Santa's Grotto - a great post for those with kids.
86. Favourite Christmas Characters - any favourite characters in books, film, TV, adverts or whatever.
87. Christmas Bucket List - things you wish to do over the festive period.
88. Christmas Guilty Pleasures - mine are mostly food-related, but what are your festive guilty pleasures?
89. Christmas themed drinks - Anything whether it is alcoholic or specific cocktails, hot chocolate, iced lattes or whatever.
90. Homemade Festive Items - How to make something festive such as Christmas decorations, Rudolph ears or anything else.
91. Tips for taking on the Sales - when is best to buy? Or anything else?
92. Black Friday Bargains - showing the best bargains
93. Christmas Stationary Post - if you love stationary, this is a must! Share your favourite notepads, pens or anything that makes you get in the spirit of Christmas.
94. Christmas Bath Bombs - share your favourite festive bath bombs or bath-related products.
95. 10 Ways to Celebrate Christmas in Style - this doesn't have to be style-related, but can demonstrate ways to make the most of the festive period.
96. Favourite Vlogmas - show your favourite vloggers taking part in Vlogmas.
97. How do you spread Christmas Eve?
98. When do you open your presents?
99. Anything Winter-related - Winter is upon us, and the greatest reminder that Christmas is coming, so they both come hand in hand.
100. Anything Festive - as it is blogmas, you are encouraged to write anything that makes you think of Christmas.
Hope you like my list, it's got you in the festive period and inspired you to take part in Blogmas from the 1st December to 25th December.
In other news, I've decided to do Blogmas a bit differently, and write for the 12 days of Christmas. I just have too many posts I want out that are not Christmas related, but still wish to take part. If you are taking part in Blogmas please post your links below, and I will make sure I follow you during Blogmas.