Sunday 20 November 2016

Moving & Updates

I can officially announce that I'm moving to Ipswich in 6 days! This is my last week on the island.

My life at the moment...


















Excitement doesn't really sum-it up. There is so much to look forward to about it. I will be glad to live on the mainland and feel closer to easy transport links, more job opportunities and look forward to exploring somewhere new. I don't know much about the southern part of the country, and feel this year has expanded my knowledge of places including Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Southampton, London and now Suffolk!

Here are just a few things I've learnt from about Suffolk as an area:

  1. It has a place called Bury St Edmunds,which has a hotel which was frequented by Charles Dickens; it is now a boutique inn with a trendy underground bar. I hope to visit there!
  2. The Suffolk coast is a 50 mile stretch of heritage coastline, and situated just 2 hours from Central London. I am sad I've not seen more concerts this year, so hopefully being close to even London will mean I see more in 2017!
  3. They say it is the best place to visit if you love food, seaside life and world-class culture. I can't wait!
  4. There is a fairytale style village called Thorpeness. It is famed for its Peter Pan inspired boating lake. Sounds interesting!
  5. Ipswich itself is known for the maritime festival with lots of things that happen during it. Hopefully go and find out more about this to write for the blog!
  6. Ipswich is one of the oldest towns in the country and has a fascinating history, with a cutting-edge arts and culture scene. I really hope to find it all!
  7. Ipswich is a prime trading port with Europe for hundreds of years
  8. Many things to do including performance art, theatre, museums (oh how I love to visit museums), fab restaurants for foodies and galleries
  9. It boast the Suffolk Food Hall, which includes a market and restaurants which is described as the Best Local Food Venue in the UK & Ireland. 
  10. Ipswich's most famous historic figure is Cardinal Thomas Wolsey. They even have an art gallery in his name - Wolsey Art Gallery. I WILL visit

This is where I'd use pictures, but I don't like including photos I've not used (unless it's related to a film or TV series).

This year has been a year of moving and learning about myself, which has been tough, but something I've needed to do. I refuse to be negative! Despite starting off the year living in Dundee, and due to difficult circumstances moving to Isle of Wight. Then about two months later, moving to another part of the island, which had more to it. Then of course we are moving again. I don't think Isle of Wight was for me. I'd recommend it for a holiday as there is lots to do, but if you asked me to move back - I'd kick, scream and fight against it!

This year I learnt some body confidence which I plan to write about (and link here).

I've learnt how much fundraising means to me, and how much I've missed the third sector to work in. Break ups are hard and upsetting, but losing a career you adore and means so much to you is heartbreaking. Maybe that changes due to who you date though! Fundraising was what I breathed; it made me confident, taught me to promote, was something I was regularly praised on and something I loved to do as a hobby. What is that quote? "Find a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." (I don't think this is the correct way to say it, but feel free to correct me!)














I've learnt who my friends are. Sometimes we don't talk everyday, but it means so much when we do. To know that my friends are the opposite end of the country hurts me as I deeply miss them, but love how they still play a strong part in my life. They come up with ideas to meet up and make a roadtrip of it; involve me in their weddings, and are there whenever I need them - to cry, moan or talk to. Thank you so much guys! Not sure if a dedication would make you feel awkward, but will do it anyway - Hannah, Lisa, Jools and Fi I love you so much!

I've learnt how much volunteering can build my confidence, and teach me more about the world of fundraising. Another post idea - the power of volunteering. Watch out!













I've learnt the joy of writing again with this blog. Not sure that many people actually enjoy it, but it's a good outlet for my creativity. So far since starting in July, I'm proud that while writing this I've seen over 6000 visits the blog site. As I learn more, I hope to start selling advertising, work with different brands and get my own website. However this is just a hobby so I am in rush and am taking it all very slowly.






Finally I've learnt the things I like to do for my hobbies. Almost a year ago I split up with someone who told me I have no interests, which really stuck in my head. I do, but stopped doing some things and am determined to do more. Take up yoga classes again, go to gigs (aim to see at least 3 acts in 2017), learn something crafty, watch more films I like, keep going with the blog and expand ways to write. Most importantly, I hope to take up fundraising again (if no jobs, at least as a hobby until something comes up).

2017 is fast approaching, and I have so many hopes for it, which I will save for some of my Blogmas posts! Doubt you want to hear my entire life story or every blog idea though... I would love to see links of others taking part in Blogmas though! I will be sure to promote them at the same time I'm doing my posts.















Picture credit to: Typoweblog

Hope you enjoyed reading! I'd be interested to hear from you. What have you learnt from this year? Have you visited Suffolk and have any recommendations for my visit?

52 comments:

  1. I hope you'll love the south. Moving is hard, but it's also exciting. I've been to Essex and it's lovely and Ipswich is very close to London, where there are so many amazing things to see and do. I'm sure 2017 will be so much better for you than this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww thank you for your very kind words. I'm feeling more positive!

      Delete
  2. I don't live to far from Ipswich (although I live in North Essex) and it is a wonderful town with so much history and all very fascinating! There's lots to do in Ipswich and Suffolk, I think you're going to love living there :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope so! Thank you for reading :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like you had a great experience and you learned a lot and grew up as a person! Also I think is great how you love to help others :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you for your extremely kind words :)

      Delete
  4. Ipswich is lovely, I live about 30 minutes from there. I really hope you settle in well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have only heard good things and hope there are things/hobbies to take up :) x

      Delete
  5. Oh my gosh! I can sympathise. I've moved 4 times this year too. It's been so stressful so it's great that you're refusing to be negative! Good luck with the next move! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - some have made me feel "weird" for moving as much but never know what the future holds sometimes x

      Delete
  6. Good luck with the move. I used to move house all the time (brought up in the forces) so understand how stressful but exciting it can be xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moved a bit growing up and felt it was necessary so never got upset. Somehow when you're older, you're more set in the ways, hence it's a bit more difficult x

      Delete
  7. Hope you have a smooth move! You'll have to let us know how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt there will be some great comedy along the way to write about. I will definitely write about the new places I discover

      Delete
  8. Good luck with the move - wishing you every success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much that's such sweet words! 😊

      Delete
  9. Good luck to you with the move, I myself have never been to Ipwich before (driven through) so would love to visit one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah me neither 😂 It will be an adventure x

      Delete
  10. Good luck with the move and settling in. It must be exciting but at the same time daunting with all the unpacking etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah dreading it as it's built up over weeks

      Delete
  11. What an exciting time for you! I hope everything goes ok with your move and that you get settled in quickly xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Writing is a creativity outlet for me too. I love it. Good luck with the move.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it's a fun way to express myself. Aww thank you :)

      Delete
  13. Good luck with your move, seems like you've learnt loads about the area you're moving too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah like to do my research to see what I may like most about somewhere new :)

      Delete
  14. How exciting, good luck with your move and that you settle in quick too

    ReplyDelete
  15. Suffolk is one of my favourite places to visit and I would love to live in Southwold or Dunwich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been lol but hear good things 😊

      Delete
  16. Enjoy your move, so exciting to be moving and discovering a new place at this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm quite excited for 😊 Be able to enjoy Christmas somewhere new!

      Delete
  17. How exciting, great to see you did a bit of backgrounds research of the new are you moving into. Hope all goes well. R

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you 😊 I'm feeling quite positive!

      Delete
  18. Aw congrats on your move I hope it goes well hun, you deserve some fun in your life xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow you know what I don't miss the headache of moving! I did that 3 years ago and said to my husband I was never doing it again! Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it does suck, but at least know where I don't want to live x

      Delete
  20. Wow! What a year of learning and new adventures and growth you have been on. I can only imagine how fab 2017 will be for you too! Good luck with your move.

    Thanks for sharing,

    Leigh at Fashion Du Jour LDN x

    ReplyDelete
  21. The move sounds so exciting. I have never been to Suffolk. It sounds like you have achieved so much, good luck with everything. Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Kaz, really appreciate your nice words. Me neither so hope it's nice! Hear good things though :) x

      Delete
  22. Good luck with the move! It's stressful but I highly recommend using the time to declutter! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks :) Yeah lots sold on eBay and donated to charity so far x

      Delete
  23. Best of luck with the move lovely! I have to admit I instantly looked up Thorpeness when I read about it here, it looks amazing :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! Getting more nervous/anxious as don't know what to expect but sure it will be fab :) yeah sounds really cool. Sounds like there is more to Suffolk than I thought x

      Delete
  24. Sounds like you've had a tough year but are embracing all the changes! Good luck with your move x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been but live and learn I guess! Hope my post came across as positive above anything :) thanks x

      Delete
  25. It's so good to be able to look back on a year and what we've learnt. It's great that you're looking forward and positively xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. Sick of wasting time being negative x

      Delete
  26. All the best for your move, hopefully it went really well for you x

    ReplyDelete
  27. It did thank you! Feel I need to get more acquainted with the area yet though x

    ReplyDelete