Anyway, this brings me to my idea for my next post. After recently the following post: 50 blog post ideas when you have writer's blog; it seemed fitting. That is why I'm discussing chocolate. It also seems fitting as I'm sort of eating chocolate as I write this...
To me, chocolate is like diamonds; it can be a girl's best friend although men love it too. Not trying to be sexist there! I feel it can be eaten during moments of sadness, happiness or even as a "F**k you" to the diet. My love with chocolate can be far too emotional. I have a tiring day, I will buy chocolate. I feel crappy, I will buy chocolate. I am due on my period, I will buy chocolate or sweets. Something great happens and I want to reward myself, I will buy chocolate.
I am not completely against eating chocolate. Who am I kidding? I love it! I don't however like the fat belly (all my weight seems to go there, to my thighs and to my hips). I also don't like the cravings and how irritable I get if I don't have it when crave it.
How about the facts of chocolate?
- Chocolate was used as money - it used to be considered worth more than gold!
- White chocolate isn't real chocolate because it uses cocoa butter, as opposed to cocpa which classifies it as chocolate. Mind blown!
- Europeans account for almost half the world's chocolate consumption
- One to put you off chocolate for a bit - on average, one chocolate bar contains 8 insect parts
- Cacao which chocolate is made from is quite good for you. It is a powerful antioxidant. Dark chocolate is seen as the most healthy as it has lots of antioxidants that help the cardiovascular system by reducing blood pressure
- Eating dark chocolate widens arteries and helps healthy blood flow to stop the build-up of plaque that block arteries
- Eating dark chocolate every day is said to reduce the risk of heart disease by 1/3
- It can help reduce the risk of diabetes by improving insulin sensitivity
- The world's largest chocolate bar weighed 5,792kg
- There are potato chips dipped in chocolate. Check out Lays wavy crisps!
- Don't give chocolate to cats or dogs as it can sicken or even kill them. That's why our dogs get their own chocolate buttons from the pet shop
- 100 pounds of chocolate is eaten every second in America
- Chocolate is more effective than codeine for coughs
- The smell can relax you because it increases theta brain waves
- Chocolate contains high doses of caffeine and sugar, and is viewed as largely to blame for ADHD in children
- Chocolate can cause headaches and this is why those who suffer from migraines shouldn't eat a lot of it
Credits: Telegraph, Facts about chocolate, Do something and Fact Slides
I feel I've learnt so much about chocolate from finding out these 16 facts and realise that it's not all bad. Eat chocolate and don't feel quite so guilty. Let me know what you think - did you know any of these?