Friday 21 October 2016

Blogtober16 - What Am I Afraid Of?

Today is about facing fears, and discussing the things that make me anxious.

As someone who gets anxious often, there are a few things that scare me. Here is a little list of things that particularly frighten me:

1. Wasps












Ever since a distant memory of going on a beach with my Gran, and she got stung when opening a bottle of coke, I've been fearful. I even started to think if I got stung the fear might lessen, but no. It got so much worse. I've jumped infront of cars to avoid them! I know I'm stupid and being idiotic, but I've not got past the fear.

2. Bridges












My fear hasn't always been that bad. I've dealt with it, I just walk extra fast across them. However last June, I decided it would be a good idea to do an abseil off the Forth Rail Bridge. This is when it got worse. I had an anxiety attack coming to the top. Jumping off is usually the hard part. Walking up was where my anxiety hit. Walking over bridges has never been quite the same. I don't even like walking to the other side of train platforms. 

3. Escalators





















This fear has only occured in the last few years. It was when my mum told me that her brother got his foot stuck in one of the cracks. I still use them, but I'm extra careful to get on and be nowhere near the cracks. Friends just laugh at me, but generally get scared they'll freeze or stop.

In the last year, I've also noticed a fear of birds. Mostly seagulls. This is due to a hilarious moment of Jodie vs seagull. Seagull wanted sandwich, stood on my head until I gave in and shouted, "Fine, just have it!" No more words than that. Aberdeen seagulls are scary. I can safely say since moving that the fear has lessened. Seagulls aren't as greedy or fat elsewhere!

I can't think of anything else, but I'm sure there is more! Hope you enjoyed my post. What are your fears? Can anyone relate to any of mine?


16 comments:

  1. It is amazing the things that scare us - I hate lifts, so I am always glad when I see the alternative of an escalator. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's weird that it has any kind of effect on me. I still go on them, but feel sorry for the people coming behind me as it takes me a while x

      Delete
  2. I'm with you on the wasps - I'm afraid of spiders too!

    Gemma x | www.flutterandsparkle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't like spiders, but luckily I'm not scared of them. I'm embarrassed of how stupid I get flapping around with wasps

      Delete
  3. I am terrified of frogs, I can't go near them without having a panic attack x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's horrible. How did that come about? x

      Delete
  4. I used to be terified of flying but I am slowing getting over it, spiders on the other hand is a whole new ball game

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good that you are doing things to conquer your fear as it's hard

      Delete
  5. I am scared of wasps too - horrible things. My eldest son was sacred of heights - especially bridges but he seems to have got past it. I am super scared of spiders! Kaz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow that's amazing, it's great he's got past it. I find it fascinating how some fears come about too. Spiders are pretty creepy, I am quite sad and name them things like Freddie!

      Delete
  6. Oh I scared of any bug lol... specially huge roaches ewww just mentioning them creeps me out. I also scared of drowning but maybe if I new how to swim I would be scared lol...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am scared of quite a few things, heights and bugs are just two of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww I feel like I could add more things as I'm an anxious person, but find these hold me back lol x

      Delete
  8. I don't like spiders. But my biggest fear is getting old. Getting to 30 really scares me x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spiders are common. Just need to look at fun things to make getting old not seem so bad 😊x

      Delete